Welcome to the One Element Group Limited’s privacy notice.
One Element respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below. Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
7. DATA SECURITY
8. DATA RETENTION
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how One Element Group Limited collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service or take part in a competition.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
One Element Group Limited, Chapel Farm House, Oakhanger, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 9JB is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “One Element”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: One Element Group Limited
Name of data privacy manager: Tom Marien
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Chapel Farm House, Oakhanger, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 9JB
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). 3 2 4 May 2018
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- • Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- • Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and emergency contact name, phone number and relationship.
- • Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- • Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- • Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- • Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- • Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- • Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- • Health Status Data includes details on your general health and any injuries you have sustained prior to and after becoming a member.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do collect one type of Special Categories of Personal Data about your health, we do not collect any other type of Special Categories of Personal Data (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
• apply for our products or services;
• create an account on our website;
• subscribe to our service or publications;
• request marketing to be sent to you;
• enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
• give us some feedback.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
• Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
(b) advertising networks such as Google Adwords, Facebook and Instagram based outside the EU; and
(c) marketing automation platform and an email marketing services, such as Mailchimp, based outside the EU in the US. MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US; and
(d) online survey development cloud-based software, such as SurveyMonkey Inc. SurveyMonkey participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as:
a) Team Up based outside the EU in the US, on Amazon’s infrastructure, protected by the Safe Harbor Agreement.
b) GoCardless’ services are offered from their UK headquarters. Personal data may also be stored and accessed by service providers located in other countries in the EU. Some of their service providers are located in the US or other countries that do not provide the same standard of data protection as the EU. When they work with a service provider, they look for a legal mechanism that requires them to protect data to EU standards.
• Other companies in the One Element group, such as One Element Group Limited or a franchise company trading as One Element.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Click here to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below. Purpose/Activity
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer
(d) Next of kin
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(e) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal